Saturday, August 23, 2014

Abbreviated Chickens

If you’ve been with us a while, you know I reported to you last year about the “free-ranging chicken breasts” on a restaurant menu.  I pictured plump happy chunks of white meat, frolicking in a green meadow, but I never could find the right illustration.  And now last night in a different restaurant --  “cage-free half chickens”. I see them hanging around outside the bars, reluctant to part from their other halves still imprisoned.
 Can't find the right picture for these guys either.  And anyhow – where’s the big deal in being cage free if you're  going to end up brick oven roasted anyhow?

1 comment:

  1. Methinks I see a mystery novel shaping up here: "Dame Edith and the Case of the Inappropriate Modifiers." I agree with you that the mental image of the "cage-free half chickens" is particularly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete