Sunday, January 4, 2015

Predeceased Frivolity

Still reading the obits, gang, and I must share with you this one from yesterday's paper.  There's that ugly phrase again -- She is predeceased by -- and if I was sure I knew how to photoshop this, I could narrow your attention to the last pre-deceser mentioned, sister-in-law Joyce Cuva. 

 
It's just as well Joyce is no longer with us.  She just might resent the typo?  omitted sentence?  dropped mention of a pet?  that refers to her in so frivolous a manner at a solemn time like this.

4 comments:

  1. Well, let's hope that Joyce had a sense of humor, or at least that her survivors have-- although I agree that nothing is as likely to irritate survivors as a blooper like this one. (If such a thing happened in my obit, however, those reading it would probably just shrug and say, "Did Marie do this on purpose?")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Bubblegum was the dog? Who also predeceased her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe Bubblegum was the dog? Who also predeceased her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a dog named Bubblegum. Especially since dogs also do things that stick to the soles of your shoes.

      Delete