Friday, March 27, 2015

Red Birds and Deer

What will they spend considerable money to say about you when you're gone? 
Whoever wrote Doris's death notice the other day took pains to let the world know that Dodie collected red birds.  This doesn't strike me as odd, for I know someone who has a bedroom devoted to hundreds of teddy bears, most of them purple.

And I know I promised not to send any more bulletins about the weather hereabouts, but this was exciting -- I just saw a deer for the first time in a couple of months.  I've been worried about them.  This one found a narrow green patch that just opened up-- just as well it doesn't know we're promised

 
                          ____________________________
                              
                              more snow over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The snow's been so deep this winter that the rabbits have been much more of a presence in my garden than the deer have. (Rabbits can just hop along through it; deer have been in danger of breaking their long legs.) The remnants of last year's kale plants are surrounded by such a deep layer of bunny poop that I shouldn't have to apply any additional compost to those beds this spring.

    ReplyDelete